- Have almost 1/2 the country vote for you
- Claim the other 1/2 of the country DID NOT vote for your opponent but instead claim the vote is fraudulent and you actually won the election.
- Use your campaign team to flood the battleground states with lawsuits hoping one of them will land with a sympathetic judge who will rule in your favor.
- Consult with the Republican leadership in battleground states and remind them of the laws in their respective states about certifying their elections.
- Inform the Republican state leadership of what they should do within their state if they think the certification is false in some way. Perhaps they need a second election. Or perhaps they can select the electors with their majorities in their legislature and send the Electoral Certification of the Vote and Certificate of Ascertainment to the Archivist and the President of the Senate by voting within the legislature.
- Continue your efforts to win even if it means thwarting the votes of the American people. After all, almost half of them voted for you and they will not complain about what you did.
- Continue to use your personal attorney to distract the news media while your team plans other approaches to continue your reign.
- Recognize that there are six ways to have this end up in the Supreme Court for a decision that favors you. Make one of them happen.
- Never Surrender. Never Give-Up. You are Trump and you are Supreme.
Once again, Wisconsin Republican leadership doesn’t give a Shinola that the elderly and the infirm may die from COVID-19. Determined to preserve the personal liberty of not wearing masks at somebody else’s expense, Wisconsin Republicans continue a let-them-eat-cake attitude regarding compromised immune systems and susceptible citizens during a pandemic.
They are banking on the fact that there will not be enough deaths in Wisconsin before November 3rd to impact their election chances. Does that sound harsh? Well, maybe. Forcing herd immunity through inaction seems pretty harsh to me, too.
No matter how many times the news media calls her America’s first black VP (or Black VP) candidate, Sen. Kamala Harris is not black and definitely not African-American.
She is mixed race. She considers herself American but if that isn’t good enough for you then Jamaican-American is a good way of describing her.
While the American Media still wishes to portray black people as somehow victims after 150 years of freedom and 50 years of Affirmative Action and Non-Discrimination Clauses, Sen. Harris isn’t a victim of American Slavery. She is not now and never has been an American Negro. She was born in SFO and was fortunate enough to have been gifted with good genes from a Jamaican father and an East Indian mother. For those who don’t know, Jamaica is a friendly island in the Caribbean.
She has a powerful intellect and has challenged many professional politicians (and their sycophants) along the way. She is a good choice. She brings hope that good people still exist in American government.
She has some hurdles to overcome but she is capable, experienced, and a formidable debater. I hope she makes it.
So the Republican Party in Texas is unhappy with Governor Abbott. So they censured him.
I have complained ad nauseum that the political parties have too much freakin’ power.
First the Republican legislature sued the Governor of Wisconsin for exercising too much power during a pandemic and the Wisconsin Supreme Court agreed.
In Texas, Republican Governor Abbott used his emergency powers to order masks for all people in Texas and the Republican Party went nuts and censured him. For Failing to Be Republican While being a Governor!
The Ector County Republican Party voted Saturday to censure Gov. Greg Abbott, accusing him of overstepping his authority in responding to the coronavirus pandemic, while state Sen. Charles Perry, R-Lubbock, called for a special session so lawmakers could have a say in how Texas proceeds amid soaring caseloads.
The party executive committee in Ector County, home to Odessa, passed the censure resolution 10-1, with one abstention and three voting members who were not present, according to the chairperson, Tisha Crow. She said she was among those who supported the resolution, which accuses Abbott of violating five party principles related to his exercise of executive power during the pandemic.
Kentucky. Mitch McConnell’s state. A test for creating election chaos.
Any excuse will do. COVID works exceptionally well.
Having reduced the number of polling places from 3,700 to only 170 and using COVID as an excuse, can Mitch McConnell win in a ginned-up Republican primary? That is the question.
What if the November election is chaos and the President claims the election results can’t be valid , will the Electoral College still meet? Could the President sue the Federal Election Commission and have a do-over election?
Probably not. The Constitution was written to have the House vote for the President and the Senate vote for the Vice President when the Electoral College vote fails to attain 270 votes for a President.
In all cases though, this President puts his thumb on the scale and distorts the truth of the weigh.
Who can the President fire and substitute a lackey to do his bidding?
And now that the Attorney General is a new hired gun, will he obey the law or twist it to the President’s ends?
Another good question.
President Trump wished everyone a HAPPY Memorial Day.
You can’t make this stuff up. This President is simply disconnected from the real world. HAPPY? Mr President? HAPPY Memorial Day?
Oh, well. He is one of us even if he isn’t the best example of one of us.
In a second note of the President’s remarks, Mr. President is DEMANDING to know if North Carolina will allow the Republican National Convention take place in North Carolina in August.
I say YES! HAPPY to do it! Keep everything closed except hotels and restaurants within 1 mile of the Convention Center and just let ‘er’ rip!
Caution all attendees to practice social distancing and wear a mask. Keep all the other stuff closed.
And make this announcement: “The City of Charlotte North Carolina wishes to thank the President of the United States for his support of the Republican National Convention and welcomes all to attend. The hotels and restaurants will be open only to the attendees of the RNC event. The City of Charlotte assumes no responsibility for any pandemic outcome and recognizes that Republican leadership will choose how to protect themselves during the pandemic.”
Perhaps a little snigger at the end is also appropriate.
In 2015, Donald Trump announced he was going to Make America Great Again. In his speech at Trump Tower, The Donald outlined his plan. Here it is:
Below is Donald Trump’s formula — 19 points in all — to make America great again, as culled from his Tuesday remarks.
- Sell junk to Saudi Arabia, since the goods we send them are blown up anyway;
- Repeal Obamacare “and replace it with something that benefits everybody”;
- “Turn off that spigot” of sending money to China (in the form of debt payments) by taxing them “until they behave properly”;
- Renegotiate our foreign trade deals;
- Call up the head of the Ford Motor Company and tell them they are going to be taxed at 35 percent for every car coming from Mexico until they decide to nix their plant in Mexico City;
- End President Barack Obama’s executive actions on immigration;
- End border crossings from Mexico because some of those border-crossers are “rapists”;
- To do that, build a “great, great wall” on the U.S.-Mexico border;
- Have Mexico pay for that wall;
- Don’t appoint a secretary of state who rides bikes and breaks his leg;
- Avoid riding bikes himself;
- Work hard on the Islamic State problem;
- Stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons;
- Find the General Patton or General MacArthur from within the U.S. armed forces to “make it really work” in the Middle East;
- Rebuild the country’s infrastructure — “nobody can do that like me”;
- Create jobs — “I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created”;
- Save Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security “without cuts”;
- Protect the Second Amendment;
- Take the brand of the United States “and make it great again.”
I conclude the MAGA Mission has failed. But let’s give this President his due. He did accomplish items # 4, 10, and 11 but I think it isn’t enough to compensate for the other items he failed to accomplish.
Perhaps his slogan in 202o should be MAMA.
Make America Mediocre Again.
He seems to be doing quite well at that.
It’s barely noteworthy. This President lies.
Today he implied that Joe Scarborough killed a 28-year-old intern. Which Republicans will condemn him for this false accusation? None.
Mitch McConnell is far too busy telling former President Obama to stop criticizing President Trump for his mistakes. You remember Majority Leader Mitch right? The one that saved President Trump from impeachment? Of course, you do. He is the one that prevented the Senate from hearing testimony from people who work for Trump. McConnell worships President Trump.
Watching President Trump fumble his way through these COVID press conferences is nauseating. Watching journalists treat the President of the United States with contempt is disgusting.
It makes you want a new Congress, a new President, and a new set of good behaviors. The two corporations that run the American government could use some free market politics right about now. Do you remember the idea behind free markets? If there are enough competitors in the market place, the quality will be high and the cost will be low. That is what Free Trade is all about…letting the buyer choose among several alternatives produces the highest quality and the lowest cost. Free Politics is about reducing the barriers that prevent a new political party from rising.
Maybe we should create Equal Opportunity policies for federal elections to encourage the advancement and development of political parties in America. Free Party Politics sounds like a winner to me.
There’s a title I never thought I’d write. And yet the rot and decay in Republican Party values has created an overwhelming stench.
Evidence demands a verdict. Consider the evidence:
a) A President who blames all his troubles on someone else. A President who demeans 49% of all Americans. A President who is actively wrenching Republicanism away from its core values of decency, respect, the rule of law and God, and replacing those values with buffoonery, humiliation, and maniacal tweets.
b) A Majority Leader in the Senate who perverted the impeachment process and emboldened and enabled a cover-up of criminal and unethical Executive Branch actions.
c) A federal Republican party that will not display nor support the humble and decent values of Ronald Reagan and countless other Republican presidents. A congressional Republican Party that seeks to break the US Treasury during times of crisis.
d) A Republican Party that no longer believes in a Republic and instead seeks Presidential immunity from prosecution and immunity from congressional oversight, a party who seeks a King to revere, and a party who asserts that all accusations against the President are a crime.
How can and why should anyone vote for the rot in the Republican Party?
And how can anyone vote for the Democrat Party either? Socialistic, bleed-the-bank programs, corrupting the ethics of self-reliance, independent thinking, and the advancement of the greater good in all men, the Democratic Party has failed to engage its collective brain and has failed its mission to rear decent Americans.
If you believe in the decency of the common man, for goodness sake, vote for someone other than a Republican or a Democrat. If you want to save America, vote independently and vote for a different set of legislators.
Should Joe Biden choose Michelle or Barack Obama as his running mate?
Either one would be historical. A black woman as VP who ascends to the presidency would be monumental.
And wouldn’t it frost every Republican’s behind to have Barack take over again when it’s determined that Joe doesn’t have the go to finish? And if the VP can’t serve then it all goes to Nancy Pelosi. WOW! How exciting would politics be at that time.
OMG. What a wedgie that would make!
Go read the 25th Amendment Section 3 and Section 4.