In 2015, Donald Trump announced he was going to Make America Great Again. In his speech at Trump Tower, The Donald outlined his plan. Here it is:
Below is Donald Trump’s formula — 19 points in all — to make America great again, as culled from his Tuesday remarks.
- Sell junk to Saudi Arabia, since the goods we send them are blown up anyway;
- Repeal Obamacare “and replace it with something that benefits everybody”;
- “Turn off that spigot” of sending money to China (in the form of debt payments) by taxing them “until they behave properly”;
- Renegotiate our foreign trade deals;
- Call up the head of the Ford Motor Company and tell them they are going to be taxed at 35 percent for every car coming from Mexico until they decide to nix their plant in Mexico City;
- End President Barack Obama’s executive actions on immigration;
- End border crossings from Mexico because some of those border-crossers are “rapists”;
- To do that, build a “great, great wall” on the U.S.-Mexico border;
- Have Mexico pay for that wall;
- Don’t appoint a secretary of state who rides bikes and breaks his leg;
- Avoid riding bikes himself;
- Work hard on the Islamic State problem;
- Stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons;
- Find the General Patton or General MacArthur from within the U.S. armed forces to “make it really work” in the Middle East;
- Rebuild the country’s infrastructure — “nobody can do that like me”;
- Create jobs — “I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created”;
- Save Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security “without cuts”;
- Protect the Second Amendment;
- Take the brand of the United States “and make it great again.”
I conclude the MAGA Mission has failed. But let’s give this President his due. He did accomplish items # 4, 10, and 11 but I think it isn’t enough to compensate for the other items he failed to accomplish.
Perhaps his slogan in 202o should be MAMA.
Make America Mediocre Again.
He seems to be doing quite well at that.