What Would You Do to Open Businesses Again?
There must be a way to open businesses again. Wisconsin has a 16-page document to close them and Minnesota has 22 pages. Can we make a list of ten items (maybe more) that make sense in order for a small business to open its doors and serve the public safely?
I started a list of six items that make sense to me. Do you have anything to add?
- Handwash/sanitizer stations at all entrances and exits seem like a good idea. Everyone coming in and going out are required to wash their hands.
- Special cleaning protocols to be performed three times a day makes sense, too. Identify all commonly touched surfaces on both customer- and employee-facing portions of the business and sanitize every three hours from opening to closing.
- Implement and post signs on occupancy protocol. Occupancy protocol to be no more than 1 person for every 36 square feet of floor space. (A six-foot radius)
- Aprons, masks, and gloves to be worn by all employees where they may be worn safely and do not present a hazard in the job.
- Temperature checks of employees before shift begins. No employee can work with cough or other respiratory symptoms. Sorry, if you have allergies you can’t work as long as symptoms are present. Everyone needs to know that everyone else is not a potential risk
- Provide patrons with info material on “infection risk avoidance” in a public space.